Queen Victoria Women's Centre
QVWC programs creative events onsite, online and around Victoria, and offer space to likeminded organisations. Built in 1848 as the original Melbourne Hospital, the building became the Queen Victoria Hospital in 1946 – one of only three hospitals in the world founded, managed and staffed by women. In 1994, the Queen Victoria Women’s Centre Trust Act 1994 was passed by the Victorian Parliament. In creating the Centre, the State of Victoria dedicated the land and the building to services and facilities for women including health information services, rest and meeting rooms.
Train: Melbourne Central Station
Tram: 1, 3, 5, 6, 16, 64, 67, 72
Bus: 200, 207, 250, 251, 303, 309, 350, 906, 907, 908
QCWC aims to be accessible to all, however it is a heritage building. The building includes unisex ambulant toilets, an external ramp entrance, and a lift. Most spaces are wheelchair accessible, however there are some restrictions.
Continue the conversation
34 Franklin Street
Melbourne, VIC 3000